Thursday, August 22, 2013

California Dreamin'

My Brother in Law recently graduated high school and decided he wanted to go on a family trip.  We were originally planning Florida, but California turned out to be much more cost effective.  I admit I was relieved to go only go on a 2.5 hour plane ride. 

California turned out to be one of the most fun but frustrating vacation experiences I have ever had.  Traveling with toddlers is also a gamble, but I am pretty sure my child was possessed by some evil spirit bent on making me question whether I was cut out for motherhood.  This is a slight exaggeration.  Slight.  We had some good days, some bad days, and one day that ending in tears (Kaylee AND me).  This vacation was definitely hard earned.  But it did make me take a step back and really think about the kind of mom I wanted to be and how I wanted to react to Kaylee's....spiritedness.  And it solidify Lance and I as a unified parenting front.  Also, I am so thankful for my in-laws.  They could have easily been frustrated when Kaylee held everyone up, but they were nothing but patient with her.

Here are some vacation highlights:

Kaylee was not too sure about Pluto

The ferris wheel at California Adventure

Kaylee and Auntie Ashley on the ferris wheel

Radiator Springs!

Kaylee's Cars swag

Riding Heimlich's Chew Chew Train with Auntie

Kaylee with two of her favorite people: Uncle Brett and Auntie Ashley

These ears lasting about 15 seconds

Huntington Beach

Kaylee loved the beach

We loved the weather

Santa Monica

Checking out the Santa Monica Pier

Kaylee comparing her hand to Shirley Temple's handprint in Hollywood

Mickey is everywhere!

Dana Point

Checking out the Polar Bear at SeaWorld

Finding the "Nemos"

My little monkey

At the San Diego Safari Park. 

Checking out an antler before our Safari Park tram

Baby giraffe and baby hippo!

Feeding the lorikeets

Baby elephant!

No comments:

Post a Comment