Wednesday, February 17, 2010

17 Weeks!



Welcome back to the Bean Blog!

Things have been pretty steady as I moved into my 2nd trimester. My morning sickness has mostly disappeared. Not that it was ever that bad, but it is nice to be able to open the fridge without gagging. Of course, it has been replaced with off and on horrible sinus congestion, pressure and pain. How weird that congestion is a normal pregnancy symptom. So, I've using humidifiers, vapor rub, and a neti-pot like they've been going out of style. I'm starting to finally feel better. Or at least my ear is starting to unplug! The only other thing I am dealing with is pain in my hips. Still determining whether this is pregnancy or an injury...studies prove inconclusive. But all in all I am feeling good and have some energy back! That in and of itself is awesome!

We also managed to find the crib we wanted on craigslist for 1/2 the price. We were pretty happy about that. And I am happy to never have to shop for a crib ever again. Or at least for a long time. :)

What the baby is doing: Baby is about five inches long and more than three and a half ounces. Your baby is almost certainly listening up by now. In fact, loud noises — the dog barking, the doorbell ringing — will actually startle your baby. Your baby's eyes (which have fortunately finished their migration to the front of his or her head) are making small side-to-side movements and can even perceive some light, though the eyelids are still sealed.

Weird Preggo Stuff: Definite cravings! Avocado (although I never really cared for it before), Rice Krispies, and Little Caesar's Crazy Bread with Sauce. Weird combo.

Mind Blowing Thought of the Week: I haven't gained any more weight since my last appointment?! Nice. No complaining here!

What I miss: Non-itchy skin! Gah!

What is exciting: We made major progress on our baby room! Did a lot of organizing. Got most of the junk cleaned out. All that is left is some furniture we are selling off and a couple bookcases that are going to stay in there. I've attached some before and after pictures as well as a picture of the horrible plaster on the walls. (Be warned though, the pictures make us look like we're auditioning for the TV Show Hoarders!)

Upcoming Events: Picking out our new tile, carpet and flooring! Starting the official 4 week countdown to finding out the gender of our baby!




No comments:

Post a Comment