Thursday, January 14, 2010

12 Weeks!


This week has been very eventful:

- I had my first ever acupuncture appointment (amazing, amazing, amazing)

- Lance's uncle Larry is a contractor and came over to assess the areas we want to remodel. Mostly, the bathroom and the baby room. The baby room has this incredibly ugly plastering on the wall. It will need to be cut out and re-sheetrocked. I will post pictures of the progress, but our baby will have a beautiful room instead of a hideous Trading Spaces gone wrong monstrosity.

- We picked out the baby bedding!! I am really excited. I want to have a really cheery, happy feeling in the room. I've included a picture above.

- We started crib shopping. Sigh. It is a bit overwhelming and we don't want to spend too much but we don't want to sacrifice quality either.

What the baby is doing: Developing reflexes: fingers will soon begin to open and close, toes will curl, eye muscles will clench, and mouth will make sucking movements. From crown to rump, baby is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce

Weird Preggo Stuff: Feeling pretty good this week, no nausea. But my hip and SI joint have been bothering me. I'm hoping it is just over extension and not a sign of things to come.

Mind Blowing Thought of the Week: This ugly junk room will soon be where my child sleeps.

What I miss: Sushi.

What is exciting: Having a plan for the baby room, finally sleep like a normal person this week

Upcoming Events: Visiting Niki in Colorado, doctor's appointment next Thursday.

1 comment:

  1. I love that bedding, Shannon! The Land of Nod has super cute stuff. Your blog is great! Glad you can use the idea. :)

    ReplyDelete